Tuesday, December 20, 2011

hi! you look great...can i take a picture of you?

hi candy lovers! :) i've been having crazy withdrawal symptoms from not taking street style pictures in what seems like yeeeeeaaaarrrsss! it's a lot more intimidating asking strangers to snap them in their stylish gear in towns other than grahamstown. it's been a challenge for me, and has really pushed me out of my comfort zone. i'd always considered myself pretty daring and able to approach people of different walks of life, but lately, especially with street style photos, i've become ridiculously shy! maybe it's the cancer (my star sign) in me coming out finally (although i'm a cancer, i've always told myself i was a leo) or a symptom of what has been the hardest and most testing year i've ever had in my 22 years of life. either way, the only way to get inside a pool of what seems like cold water is to cannon ball in or dive in. 
i've realized that so many opportunities can be missed when you're too afraid to step out of your comfort zone which only leads to regret. so i'm challenging myself this year already with the task of jumping of out my comfort zone with my hands in the air, knowing that if i can accomplish just this small task, everything and anything else is possible. i'm looking forward to the new year and i wish you and yours a beautiful christmas full of love, laughter and joy and hoping you push yourself out of your comfort zone next year!

all my love
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

and now the comments.... :)